On Our Own


My mom left after being here for three weeks with Dottie. I'm feeling emotional like when she left when Dottie was just two weeks old. She helped me ease into motherhood, and I cried when she left, feeling so alone, like how are we going to do this? And now we're on our own again, no more visitors or helpers for the foreseeable future. And how are we going to do this? 

I thought I was emotional the first time my mom left because I was very much still sorting out my postpartum hormones. And now I'm very emotional trying to sort out my new routine. I'm feeling like I'm never going to get the hang of this. Is that all motherhood really is? 

Comments

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Currently reading

Driving Over Lemons: An Optimist in Andalucía
Last Summer at the Golden Hotel

Latest on Pinterest