Being in the Moment During the Holidays

I wanted to let you know that I will be on and [mostly] off of the internet the next few days as I take time to enjoy the company of family that we are visiting. Enjoy the rest of your holiday season and take a moment to be in the moment. Like taking care to wrap each present with custom Christmas song lyrics and handmade gift tags.
We decorated our naked fig tree because he looked sad without his leaves.
I indulged in a sweet treat from one of my lovely coworkers: a peppermint cake-pop  Really, I do have the best coworkers (and boss!) ever. I don't think anyone else has a green wall, and gets nearly daily sweets including peppermint bark, cake, and candy.
Taking walks around the neighborhood  enjoying the balconies strung with lights, and the lit Christmas trees peeking out windows.
Making DIY gifts inspired by A Beautiful Mess for beautiful friends.
And, taking some time off to road trip up north to visit family. We are driving from Florida to as far north as New Jersey, and taking a train to Manhattan from Jersey at some point! Our stops include Charlotte, NC, Philadelphia, PA, the Poconos in PA, Cranford, NJ, and Manhattan. This is S + I's first long road trip together, and we've been together 5 1/2 years! So far it has been fun, full of Car Talk, new music, and mandolin serenades.
I gave S his presents early since we weren't going to be home for Christmas day, and one of them was a mandolin that he's wanted for a while (years). He brought it along for the ride and played it a bit.
Yesterday we enjoyed a short stay midway in Charlotte, NC. The weather was beautiful so we visited a park to enjoy it, ending the day with making sugar cookies in the shapes of candy canes, trees, and stars.
I wanted to take time before the new year to thank all of my followers. As much as I love commenting, I love comments from you so much more. It makes my day every time I receive a comment and I love to read every single one of them. This is only my first year blogging regularly, and I loved it, because of all of you. Merry Christmas!
Adieu, Yelle

Comments

Post a Comment

  1. I adore those mugs...so cute!
    Merry Christmas, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe road trip and wonderful time with your family, Merry Christmas!

    http://athaliawrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that fig tree makes me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are champs for undertaking such a long car trip together!! Have a great holiday and get to all your destinations safely! :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great road trip! I just adore those mugs! I know what you mean about sad fig trees - at least it's summer here and ours are all covered in leaves (too small for figs yet)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! Road trips rock and what great gifts and wrapping. Have a safe trip and Happy Holidays Yelle!

    - Sil from Love n Lavish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry, Merry Christmas, dear Yelle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. merry christmas! your road trip looks and sounds perfect. what a variety of places to stop and visit and a private mandolin concert in the car to boot!! much love and safe travels friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. super sweet inspirations - love your photos!
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas! Looks like you had a great celebration! I love the wrapped gifts, how beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you had a wonderful holiday!! <3 here's to another wonderful year of blogging adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Currently reading

Driving Over Lemons: An Optimist in Andalucía
Last Summer at the Golden Hotel

Latest on Pinterest