Winter Treats + Antiques

Happy December! A magnificent part of the holidays is all of the treats that friends and family make and give. Now that we are back home from visiting family for Thanksgiving, I have time to do a proper update. We spent Thanksgiving day with S's grandparents, and spent the evening with my grandparents. We spent the entire weekend staying with my younger cousins. Lots of play time! A nice little treat that we had waiting for us during our visit was this blue Royal typewriter from Steven's grandmother. She saved it for years, not wanting to get rid of it, but since she knows that we love old things like typewriters (this is our third typewriter!) she decided to hand it off to us.
This type is a super cute and a colorful change from the antique typewriter that was a birthday gift one year. The antique Remington typewriter is gorgeous and classic, and still works, but is getting pretty old and I would much rather let it rest and retire while I play with the new one. I will most likely have to replace the new one's ribbon, but since I had to teach myself how to change the ribbon of the older Remington, I'm sure it will be easier on the Royal! Then maybe I will make some menu cards or place cards for tomorrow...
Also, this holiday season, I've been trading in baked treats. Lately my trusty pistachio-colored Kitchenaid mixer has been mixing up biscotti for tea and coffee, late night cookies, morning muffins, and homemade bread. Of course, most recipes make more than our fair share of sugary sweets, so giving them away makes me and my hips happy! 
Tomorrow is a holiday dinner party that I am co-hosting! I am preparing for all-day festivities of baking, cooking, entertaining, and having fun! Last minute planning to do like a trip to the grocery store and a table seating. Definitely check back for a weekend recap of tomorrow evening because I know the menu and it's going to be delicious! 
Salut, Yelle

Comments

Post a Comment

  1. It's been a long time since I want to have my own typewriter. Yours looks very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at "Remington"! And what a lovely color... I've got a typewriter myself but not as lovely as this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I have foudn you through the Totally Awesome Blog hop so nice to meet you! That vintage typewriter is beautiful, I wish we had a bigger house so I could collect all those sorts of fun things, but ideaslly I need to downsize not find more pretty vintage stuff! lol!
    Daisy Dayz
    Cross-Jones-Photography

    ReplyDelete
  4. The typewriters are so brilliant, love them! Have fun with your dinnerparty!

    xoxo, Femke
    By Button

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally cool typewriter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh you know how to make biscotti? Lucky! Can't wait to see those pics.
    - Ruby (via blog hop!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here from the blog hop! What a lovely typewriter! And I love my big Kitchen Aid mixer too! Sounds like it's going to be a perfect evening! -Jessica L

    THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love vintage typewriters also! I got two of them this past Summer and recently got another one :) http://moncy3.blogspot.com/2012/06/click-clak-ding.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think its awesome that you collect old typewriters. and use them! what a fun hobby..

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome typewriter! It is an awesome blue too!Enjoy your dinner party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG I love that typewriter! Soooooooo cute! I wish I still had my grandpa's old one

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found your blog through the blog hop and just wanted to stop by and say hi :) Loving your blog, it's so pretty! That vintage typewriter is amazing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, that typewriter is so perfect! Your third one? Really? It's such a great piece to collect, but where do you display them? I would love to know!

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, those typewriters are amazing and I love your pistachio colored kitchen aid! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Hugs, Chrissy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I seirously want a typewriter! Thanks for stopping by my blog, would you like to follow each other on bloglovin?

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh so great that you guys could have it, I think it's so pretty! And your kitchenaid too. I hope to own one oneday :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love your mixer, what a great color! i used to actually type on a typewriter because there was no other option.; when i was little i'd write sad stories on my moms "automatic" typewriter. i love the look but remember the hours of frustration makes me still not want to actually use one.

    ReplyDelete

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Currently reading

Driving Over Lemons: An Optimist in Andalucía
Last Summer at the Golden Hotel

Latest on Pinterest