You

Twelve hours before my scheduled induction, my water broke. The next day, I met her.  All of the weird needles, IV, catheter, etc were worth it. It was amazing when she came out and the doctors and nurses told me to open my eyes (I had them closed every time I pushed to concentrate) and then they placed her on me. To touch and hold her slimy body for the first time was surreal. To feel her shape, the shape that was inside me all those months, was lovely. I don't know how to describe how I felt, only that I really loved that moment.

Photo from the hospital by Bella Baby Photography

Comments

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Currently reading

Driving Over Lemons: An Optimist in Andalucía
Last Summer at the Golden Hotel

Latest on Pinterest