Party with... Coco Chanel

New Year's Parties can be elegant and at the same time, extraordinarily fun. The perfect woman to leave NYE up to would be Coco Chanel. She would bring the right amount of class as a party hostess, and at the very same time, she would keep her ultra-cool while letting loose a little bit. Guests ought to wear a little black dress, which Coco invented in 1926. Add some gold sparkling touches because, after all, it's New Year's Eve and what other day is perfect for glitter?
Definitely don't be shy with the costume jewelry, which she popularized as well. Add some pearls and large cocktail rings for this cocktail party.
Coco would keep the drinks classic, champagne is a tradition for NYE, but I would suspect that she would add her own little twist on the presentation. Introducing golds, blacks, and whites would keep the glamour in a very 20's way. 
Being such a proponent for the feminine figure, I think she would bring the ladylike daintiness through in the table setting. Bringing in lots of candles, glassware, and petite flowers, to make quite an elegant affair.
I can see Coco serving something somewhat luxurious yet easy to eat with a glass of champagne in your hand like baked clams. Seafood and champagne go well together, so better to put the pairs out together for this fete.
Salut, Yelle
Coco Chanel photo source


Comments

Post a Comment

  1. One of my very best friends channels Coco in everything she does, and has thrown a party or two that have similar aesthetics to the one you put together! She had a champagne station where guests were encouraged to drop sugar cubes or cherries into their flutes. And she always wears pearls. I might have to channel her channeling Coco to pull something this fabulous off, but it would be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have admired Coco Chanel since I was a young teen- what a woman! I absolutely love the idea of throwing a Chanel-themed party. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be perfect for a girls party! I love all the ideas, it's right up my alley. I think I might have to use this as inspiration for my next girly get together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOoooo this is such a fabulous idea!!! I loved themed parties.

    Melissa
    http://shakeshakee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. BONNE ANNÉE 2013 À TOI ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Currently reading

Driving Over Lemons: An Optimist in Andalucía
Last Summer at the Golden Hotel

Latest on Pinterest