Kitchen Living

Happy February! I've reflected on the past month, the start to 2013 and thus far I think I've been very good. Most years I have resolutions and like most, I rarely stick to them for more than 2 weeks. This time, I've been good with both of my resolutions: eating healthy and writing a favorite moment from everyday.
I must admit that all of our new items from our registry and this new organized kitchen cart have definitely helped persuade me to be in the kitchen more often. I really think we're close to fighting over who gets to cook dinner because S has been cooking more often than he ever has. I too will find any excuse to chop a tomato or brew a cup of coffee. 
Our top two meals lately include:

  • caprese with tomatoes, mozzarella, arugula, and balsamic
  • guacamole with lots of lime, onion, and cayenne pepper
One of our new favorite things is something we adopted from my aunt and uncle. We'll make a big batch of guacamole for dinner, grab a bag of chips, and sit down in front of a good movie on Netflix. Lately we've been watching a lot of documentaries like First Position about a ballet competition, Man on Wire about a French tight rope walker walking across the Twin Towers, and Make Believe about young magicians. It's so inspiring to watch people perfect their craft and be entirely dedicated to their passions.
January is my favorite month, mostly because it''s my birthday month. It was so good this year that I'm a little sorry to say goodbye to it already, but at the same time I am so looking forward to what February brings. The fact that January sped by without so much as a moment to stop and appreciate it, I'm going to try and appreciate my last semester of college before it's gone forever.
Adieu, Yelle

Comments

Post a Comment

  1. Mmm caprese and guac :D can't go wrong with those lol. I'm glad you're in the kitchen more. I've been cooking a lot at my older sisters. It's always fun to be in the kitchen..i just hate dishes. Lol and idk what the heck id get your for your wedding present now. It seems you got everything for your shower loll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm caprese and guac :D can't go wrong with those lol. I'm glad you're in the kitchen more. I've been cooking a lot at my older sisters. It's always fun to be in the kitchen..i just hate dishes. Lol and idk what the heck id get your for your wedding present now. It seems you got everything for your shower loll

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in your kitchen and that cart is perfect for keeping things organized and within reach! I think making guac and watching a movie is a great way to spend an evening...I just may suggest it to the mister this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your last semester of college? Lucky girl! And that table top is amazing....almost makes me want to cook healthy meals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVED Man on Wire and Make Believe! I haven't seen First Position yet, but definitely need to so I can relive all 13 years of my ballet education. I had an avocado for dinner last night, but my preferred method of eating them is just out of the shell, with salt and lime juice. It's so hard to get good avocados up here in the winter! Here's to a great February. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see that the kitchen cart is very appealing to you :)))... and so it should be, with all the pretty items it holds (especially those beautiful little white cups, which are my favorite!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caprese salads and sandwiches are always my go to foods. Love your cutting board and pot by the way.

    Melissa
    http://shakeshakee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so love your cart! And I totally get where youre coming from, I have a biased opinion of feb since it's my birthday month too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cart is so neat! Very bright and clean. :) Also..... I am in love with guacamole. One of my faves. I am all about chopped tomato and cilantro in it too.
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your kitchen cart, it's really great to look at and functional. I LOVE avocados and those look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I said this already, but I do love that kitchen cart! Good for you for sticking to your resolutions. I've been hit or miss already, but we've still got a long way to go in 2013. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the kitchen cart! So cool! great photos too!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some love!

    That guacamole sounds perfect! matt and I do that often in the summer as well!! mm mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your cart! I wish we had room in our kitchen for that. <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Guacamole is the best!!!

    Happy belated birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photos, love avocados! Love the idea of writing a favourite moment from each day too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi I am your newest Follower, I found you on The Blog Hop, Hope you will follow back when you have a chance.

    www.thesoupprince.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the cart! I want one now! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following you back.

    Phylicia

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous little kitchen you have! The cutting board on the cart is perfect, and especially good for kitchens (like mine!) that aren't a thousand square feet. I also love the wedding details of the post below.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm your newest fan and follower! Excited to read more :)

    Brooke
    silverliningtheblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, I´m from the blog hop! Thank you for leaving me a comment, I really love your blog so I´m a new follower! :)

    Your kitchen is like a dream come true! :) I´m happy you had a nice birthday!

    http://marilovescupcakes.blogspot.com.ar

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the quality of your photos, they're so vibrant and clear! I also really love your kitchen cart, we are actually DIYing our own from an old library cart, still needs a little work though. Visiting form the blog hop! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  21. January is my birthday month too! Happy belated birthday =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Guacamole for dinner? My kind of girl!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that cart so cute!!

    -Courtney
    www.alwaysrooney.com

    ReplyDelete

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Currently reading

Driving Over Lemons: An Optimist in Andalucía
Last Summer at the Golden Hotel

Latest on Pinterest