Valentine's Day Recap

Although Valentine's Day was already a week ago, I'm just now having time to write about it. We came home from work to have wine, chocolate, and macarons together. We enjoyed each others company, listening to old French love songs and S playing the mandolin. Later in the evening we had a dinner reservation at our favorite restaurant in which we shared some delicious fare.
In case you missed it, TJ had S + I on her blog for Valentine's Day! I was so happy to be in such good company, check out the post here.
For Valentine's Day, all I asked for was a dozen macarons instead of a dozen roses. I'm not really one for flowers, unless they are dried liked lavender. Macarons have always been a favorite sweet of mine, and the colors are much prettier than a bouquet of flowers! 
I did get one rose, it was in the form of a rose flavored macaron. I would have to say it is my second favorite flavor, after pistachio. I'm the type to love floral flavors like violets and jasmine. One of my favorite teas is a jasmine green tea. 
I gave S a little Datevation, including our favorite things to do together like antiquing and getting sushi, all on me. There are even some that I put in just for fun like walking around our neighborhood, which we rarely do, and playing tourist in our city for a day. I'm happy to have S use them up because even I will enjoy them!
Adieu, Yelle

Comments

Post a Comment

  1. Lovely post, but honestly stop with these pics because all I can see are the macarons :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely ask for a dozen macarons instead of roses too!! So delicious!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Macarons over roses any day of the week, unless, like you said, they are rose macarons, in which case even better! Rose are my favorite flavor, too. I love the blackcurrant violet ones as well. I asked for no flowers this year, too, and instead Boyfriend spent his money in a much wiser way: on cheese! We had fondue at home with a crusty baguette. It was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys had a wonderful Valentine's Day! :)

    On another note, I love going to Le Macaron! I went over the weekend to the location in St. Petersburg and was sad to find out they changed up their whole menu! They even have different macarons and the selection went down from 16 to 8 fixed. :( I don't know if it's different over there, but I am not a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, the rose flavor sounds intriguing. I had one called something like honey cognac buttercreme and it was AMAZING. Also, you can never go wrong with something chocolatey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, those macaroons look yummy... I love floral flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm, any time I get to go into NYC I try to stop by Macaron Cafe. It's hard to not eat them all IMMEDIATELY!

    Kim

    http://loopsoflavender.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a lovely day! I have never had a macaron, but I've been seeing them every. single. time. I get on the internet, so it must be a sign!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like so much fun!!! I love your adorable blog! Thank you for stopping by my blog and following through the hop! I am following you right back :)

    sjdmiller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've never had a maracon! i see them all over the internet, but i've never seen one anywhere remotely close to me. i'm going to have to order them online or something.

    i've never heard of datevitation, but it looks adorable! i'm going to have to use this. :)

    thanks for stopping by my blog; i love yours as well!

    katie
    a sowing season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a sweet idea to ask for a dozen macarons rather than roses! and i got my husband a datevitation, as well! aren't they so cute?! thanks for stopping by my blog, i look forward to reading more of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very romantic. I have never tried a macaron- I guess I need to get on it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why didn't I think of asking for that this year? :)

    ReplyDelete

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Currently reading

Driving Over Lemons: An Optimist in Andalucía
Last Summer at the Golden Hotel

Latest on Pinterest