Holiday Dinner Party

This past weekend was the holiday dinner party that a few friends and I planned! We each collaborated to make this night wonderful! I was in charge of the tables, chairs, linens, candles, decor like the pine cones  + an appetizer, so I brought four different kinds of goat cheese including:

We kept the decor simple, letting the lovely weather of the evening do the atmosphere for us. The lights gave a soft glow, holiday jazz played early in the night which transitioned into acoustic + indie rock later in the evening. There were so many drinks to chose from including wine, bourbon, + tea. 
After dessert, we all went over to the fire pit to roast marshmallows + make smores. I haven't had smores in so long so it was a lovely treat to the cool night.
The main course included:

  • a pot roast in the crock pot
  • mashed potatoes with smoked gouda
  • sweet potatoes with a bourbon + brown sugar reduction
  • green beans with a honey balsamic glaze
  • baked mac + cheese
  • + salad

We ended on a sweet note with cookies in bags for later, and many delightful pies + tarts. My absolute favorite was the pecan tart with raspberry honey. Food, friends, + merry: the ingredients to a lovely holiday dinner party!
Salut, Yelle

Comments

Post a Comment

  1. It looks amazing! I love the glow and the feel, plus it is really nice to have a dinner outside in the evening.Lovely and I wish I was there for some of those yummy sounding treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful! Love the atmosphere! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, what a wonderful setting, it looks so very lovely. long tables + friend + candles + food, it's the best. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'd like to attend your dinner parties please. It looks beautiful and it sounds SO delicious!!

    --Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful party...it definitely looks like a fun event!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a really good time :)! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! You guys know how to pull off a great dinner party! Looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that dinner party looks fabulous~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Beautiful dinner party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. *GASP* How awesome!! I have never been to a dinner party like that! It must have been amazing! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks lovely! Beautiful decorating, with the lights.

    xoxo, Femke
    By Button

    ReplyDelete
  12. I guess my invitation got lost in the mail ;) This looks like it was a fabulous time! I love the decor, you did an amazing job. That lavender goat cheese is calling my name. I love goat cheese. Who doesn't?? What a wonderful night with good friends and good food. I'm so jealous you can have outdoor parties in the winter, too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh gosh, this just all looks so lovely. i adore the decorations of this party so much. that's so awesome you can have these outdoor at this time of the year!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The simple decor is stunning! Your frinds are lucky to have you in their team :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seems you had a great time , and yummy too :) Amazing decorations :)

    Aree With Umbrella

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks like such a wonderful dinner party! I bet you all had a wonderful time - I'm definitely going to need to up my dinner hosting skills!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds amazing! I want to make all of those dishes now. I'm a goat cheese ADDICT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks lovely! Goat cheese and honey (with figs) is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love love love the candles! The light is so beautiful and ambient <3

    x
    Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. looks like a great dinner party! :D cant wait to see more ones you will host heh. i wish i lived closer to you so i could try all the yummy foods you make. just remember to post recipes so i can make them loll <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. You and your friends did a great job planning because...wow! Looks so pretty and well done.

    ReplyDelete

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Currently reading

Driving Over Lemons: An Optimist in Andalucía
Last Summer at the Golden Hotel

Latest on Pinterest